Public Access Television Show Production
Any local adult resident, authorized minor, representative of a Siskiyou County area non-profit organization, local government agency, local educational establishment, are eligible to access SMC resources to produce content for broadcast on public access television.
Please see the “Submit a Video” for details and file formats and applicable submission fees.
Shows produced in a public access studio and/or shows submitted for broadcast on a public access channel must adhere to the FCC regulations governing content. Basic regulations prohibit the following:
- Material contrary to local, state or federal laws, regulations, procedures or policy, including but not limited to obscene or indecent material;
- Material that is libelous, slanderous, or in any other way defaming of character;
- Material that is an unlawful invasion of privacy;
- Advertising or material which promotes a commercial product or service;
- Material which violates copyright law; and,
- Material that promotes or constitutes gambling, solicitation, or an appeal for funds.
Before you make a show or submit a show for broadcast, talk with a Siskiyou Media Council staff member to be sure the show’s content is appropriate. Remember – you are legally responsible for the content of any show that you produce or submit for broadcast!
Public Access TV